A couple weeks back I was able to try out this fun recipe on my Bible study girls. It turned out to be really fun and tasty, the hardest part being trying to cover the whole cheese ball with the sprinkles without getting them all over the kitchen! If you like birthday party cake flavored ice cream, you will like this dip, as the main ingredient is Funfetti cake mix.
Funfetti Cake Cheese Dip
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups funfetti cake mix, dry
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup rainbow jimmies (sprinkles)
- Vanilla Wafers, graham crackers, fruit, or other cookies for dipping
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter together until combined. Then add in the Funfetti cake mix, sugar, and powdered sugar and beat until combined.
- Place the mixture on a large piece of plastic wrap. Bring up all the corners of the plastic wrap and wrap into a ball. Freeze the ball for about 1 1/2 hours or until it is firm enough to keep its shape.
- Place the rainbow jimmies on a flat plate and roll the unwrapped cheese ball in the jimmies. Make sure to press the jimmies into the cheese ball until it is fully covered.
- Place the ball on a serving dish, cover with plastic wrap and freeze the cheese ball for another 2 hours or overnight. If frozen overnight, thaw for 20-30 minutes before serving. Serve with Vanilla Wafers, graham crackers, fruit, or other cookies.
See recipe on original site.