Saturday, January 14, 2012

Finally, Itching to Be Stitching

Lately I have been trying some new sewing projects, and surprisingly it has gone very smooth without many bumps in the road.  So I wanted to share them along with the books and places that help make it turn out the way it did!

For my Mom's Christmas gift Anna and I took out our needles.  The two potholders my sister made was quickly and beautifully whipped up while Mom was away.  On my dish towel thankfully the pleats turned out to be easier to make (I just looked up on the internet on how to make them) and the polka-dots helped keep them even.

Another project I just finished a couple of days ago was my first apron.  You can tell it was made specially for me, the left handed girl of the family, with the pocket being on the left side. :)  The fabric is a beautiful rabbit pattern.



The pattern for this apron came from a little book well named, The Apron Book.  It is mostly filled with the history of the apron with beautiful pictures, but it also has some patterns intermingled among the stories.  And I was so VERY pleased the the instructions - concise and easy to understand, and I need that!

A book that I am reading right now is The Handmade Marketplace.  This wonderful little book tells "How To Sell Your Crafts Locally, Globally, and Online.  My dream is to someday have my own home business and sell something crafty I've made.  It's not really a book to help me decide what to sell, but it has a lot of great thoughts for after and is very inspiring!  It also has tidbits from other crafters and even from the vice president of Community at Etsy. 


Now to hit some of the other projects waiting for me... maybe the Edwardian Apron that has been sitting in the basement for who knows how long, or unto the next apron book with bigger and better things!

Oh, and here's a couple of other sewing books on my wish list.



Take time to be crafty during these long winter months!

Blessings,
Amber

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Hi Amber!

I love the projects you chose to sew! I've never seen the print you used for the apron before, and it's very cute!

Blessings,
Natalie

PlainJane said...

You did such a wonderful job on your projects. I can't believe those are coming from my daughter -- from a mom that doesn't sew. Congratulations on such fine work without any assistance. ♥ Love You!

Savories of life said...

we are reading handmade Market place too!! Do come over as we can become friends. I will follow you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...