Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Personal Ice Rink Too

With the weather reaching almost 50 on Sunday - turning much of the snow to water, and then it freezing the next day, we had our own personal skating rink yesterday!

We were able to skate from the barn, past the house, and all the way down the drive way if wanted.  But we didn't do that to often - because of the steep grade of our drive way, we went way to fast for it to be called safe and had to bale out into a snow pile before reaching the slush at the bottom of the hill! :)



We spent more than a hour out there and enjoyed it immensly!  I have to admit that Minnesota is pretty great - even if I love summer best!  But today it's back in the 40's and all that's left are big puddles.

Blessings on your winter!

~Amber Nicole

6 comments:

Ellyn said...

Hey, thanks for the comment! Your rink looks much bigger than ours right now - and we have a old chair out on our pond right now that we can't go out to fetch because of melting ice! I think it's going to go to the bottom come Spring :P

- Ellyn

Rachel said...

Wow! Your rink looks fun! There is a lot of slush at our place. Maybe it will freeze too...

Rachel R.

Alison said...

Oh wow, very nice! That is a good-sized area. I hope it stays around for a while so you can continue your fun.

Thanks for the comment on my blog! :) Okay, now I'm off to e-mail you.

Alison

Amy H said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm hoping we'll get to go ice skating again when we go to CA in a couple weeks.

Betsy said...

That looks soooooo fun! I wish we could get ice here! all we get is hail. (not very good for skating on! lol)
Betsy

Betsy said...

We don't have a Traders Joe's. I took that picture in CA because my grandma shops there a lot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...